Omar Khayyam was a Persian Mathematician, philosopher, astronomer, and poet. He was born on 18 May 1048 Nishabur, Khorasan.
He spent his childhood near the court of the Karakhanid.
As a mathematician, he is well-known for his work on the classification and solution of cubic equations, He gave geometric solutions by the intersection of conics.
He also researched and explained parallel axiom. Omar also designed the calendar. He was a great poet too. He has written poetry that became famous worldwide. His poetries are been translated into many languages.
Omar Khayyam LifeStory
Omar Khayyam was born in Nishapur in 1048.
He moved to Samarkand in 1070.
He died on 4 December 1131.
Omar Khayyam Books
Here is the list of the few of the famous books written by Omar Khayyam:
- Rubaiyat [of] Omar Khayyam
- Ömăr Hăyyam ruba’iliri Omar Khayyam
- Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám the astronomer-poet of Persia
- Epistle of Nowruz Omar
- The Sufistic quatrains of Omar Khayyam in definitive form
- Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám of Naishápur
- Morning in the Bowl of Night Omar
- Come, Fill the Cup: The Rubāʻīyāt of Omar Khayyām
- The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám: Illustrated Collector’s Edition
- Le désir et le vin Omar
- Writings of the Sufi: The Mystical Tradition in Islam Omar Khayyam
- The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám: An Irreverent Reinterpretation of the Edward Fitzgerald Version
- Fifty Rubaiyat of Omar
- The stanzas of Omar
- Selections of Persian Literature Saadi Shirazi
- Omar and the Rabbi
Mathematicians Like Omar Khayyam
Muhammad ibn Musa al-Khwarizmi Just like Omar was also a Persian Mathematician.
Contributions of Omar Khayyam in Mathematics
He was a great geometrician and mathematician.
Interesting facts about Omar Khayyam
He has designed the calendar.
He has written more than 20 books on poetry which became famous worldwide.
Awards and Rewards under the name of Khayyam
For the poetry competition in Neyshabur, Iran, Khayyam award is presented to the best poet.
FAQ About Khayyam
What is Omar Khayyam most famous for?
He was a famous poet, mathematician. His poetries have inspired many people. His mathematical works give new insights to the mathematicians.
When did Omar Khayyam die?
Omar Khayyam died on 4 December 1131, Neyshabur, Iran.
Where did Omar Khayyam live?
Omar Khayyam was born and died in Neyshabur, Iran. He spent most of his life in Bukhara and Samarkand. The rest of his life, he spent traveling from one country to another.
For More details about this Persian Mathematician Poet, read here.