ABOUT SHAKUNTALA DEVI
BORN: 4 NOV 1929 BANGLORE INDIA
1. 1934: Started working in a circus.
2. In 1935, In University of Mysore, she gave her first major show
3. In 1939, At 10, she was admitted to Class 1 of St. Theresa's Convent in Chamarajpet but as she couldn't pay the fee of 2 Rs she left the school.
4. 1944: Wet to London with her father.
5. Shakuntala Devi married Kolkata-based IAS officer, Paritosh Bannerji, in 1960.
6. 27 September 1973, she appeared on the BBC show, 'Nationwide' with the popular Bob Wellings.
7. 1977 at Southern Methodist University in Dallas. Devi earned her title as the "human computer" when she found the 23rd root of a 201-digit number in 50 seconds
8. In 1 June, 1977, She wrote the book The World of Homosexuals, which is considered the first study of homosexuality in India.