Vedic Maths is a system of Mental Calculation and reasoning. It has 29 Vedic Maths formulas, which are mathematical concept based on ancient Indian scripts called Veda. It is fast, efficient and easy to learn. Vedic mathematics is a very versatile and a majority of the time it is very helpful to solve the tedious question of arithmetic and algebraic operations in a simple and fast way.
Vedic Maths book was written by the Priest Bharati Krishna Tirthaji and first published in 1965. The Vedic Maths contains 16 sutras (formulas) and 13 sub-sutras(corollary).
Today I am discussing all the 29 Vedic Maths formulas. Basically, all the sutra are written in Sanskrit name. It will be difficult to understand who don’t know Sanskrit but don’t worry here I am writing the English name simultaneously.
List of All Sutra in Sanskrit ( 29 Vedic Maths formulas)
1. Ekadhikena Purvena: By one more than the previous one –
Application: This Vedic maths formula is useful to find the Square of all number who end with five.
Steps to Solve: Let Suppose 25, 35, 65… The square of these number always ends with 25 and begins with the multiple of tens digit number with Just one more than the integer.
Square of 25 is 2 x 3 .. 25 = 625.
Square of 35 is 3 x 4 .. 25 = 1225.
Square of 65 is 6 x 7 .. 25 = 4225.
2. Nikhilam Navatashcaramam Dashatah: All from 9 and the last from 10
Application: This Vedic Maths formula is For multiplication of any numbers nearer to 10 or multiple of 10.
Steps to Solve:
- Subtract the numbers with their closest multiple of 10 and multiply the subtracted value to each other.
- Write the result of Step 1 in the beginning and result of Step 1 at the end.
- 98 x 96 = ?
100 – 98 = 2 and 100 – 96 = 4 , Now : 2 x 4 = 08
98 – 4 or 96 – 2 = 94
So, our answer is 9408
3. Urdhva-Tiryagbyham: Vertically and crosswise
Application: For multiplication of any two numbers.
Step to Solve: Here I am a discussion about the only two-digit multiplication of numbers.
- Multiply the last digit(rightmost) to each other.
- Now, Multiply the numbers digit crosswise and add them.
- Multiply the first digit(leftmost) of both the number and put it at the most beginning.
- if the number or more then one digit then write the first number and rest is carry forward to the next left.
45 x 87 = ? 35 x 72 =?
5 x 2 = 10
(3 x 2) + (5 x 7) = 6 + 35 = 41
7 x 3 = 21
35 x 72 = 21 | 41 | 10 = 2520
4. Paravartya Yojayet: Transpose and adjust
Application: this rule is for dividing large numbers by number greater than 10.
Example: 4356 divided by 17.
5. Shunyam Saamyasamuccaye: When the sum is the same that amount is zero
6. Anurupye Shunyamanyat: If one is in ratio, the other is zero
7. Sankalana-vyavakalanabhyam : By addition and by subtraction
8. Puranapuranabyham : By the completion or non-completion
9. Chalana-Kalanabyham : Differences and Similarities
10. Yavadunam : Whatever the extent of its deficiency
11. Vyashtisamasthi : Part and Whole
12. Shesanyankena Charamena : The remainders by the last digit
13. Sopaantyadvayamantyam : The ultimate and twice the penultimate
14. Ekanyunena Purvena : By one less than the previous one
15. Gunitasamuchyah : The product of the sum is equal to the sum of the product
16. Gunakasamuchyah : The factors of the sum are equal to the sum of the factors
- Sisyate Sesasamjnah
- Kevalaih Saptakam Gunyah
- Vestanam When the sum is the same that amount is zero
- Yavadunam Tavadunam
- Yavadunam Tavadunikritya Varga Yojayet
- Antyayoreva Differences and Similarities
- Gunitasamuccayah Samuccayagunitah
- Dwandwa Yoga
- Adyam Antyam Madhyam
This article is just the introduction of the topic of all 29 Vedic Maths formulas and I am not going in many details. I just give you the name of the formula and some examples. in the upcoming days, I will update the article with more details and example. Stay connected and if you have any doubt just comment below.
3 thoughts on “All Vedic Maths Formulas”
In the second sutra Nikhilam Navatashcaramam the answer of first example is wrong
Thanks for your Feedback. We Corrected the Typo. Hope it Will be useful for You.
Sir please give eg:-for all formulaes and mention clearly which formulaes are coverd under basic level and which one will cover under advance level